“Transformer… tranforms and roll out!”. Since Google didn’t use Prime on their just released Google phone; the Galaxy Nexus, it is good to see that ASUS is using that name on their latest tablet which is called Eee Pad Transformer Prime. I know this news is a little late but this tablet won’t be available in Malaysia until next year.
To be the successor of it’s predecessor, it needs to have that extra umph… that will make it stands out. So, ASUS packed it up with “super power”.
The new Eee Pad Transformer Prime is packed with nVidia’s latest quad-core processor, the NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU and it is only 8.3mm thick. Although it is thin, it is still have expansion slots such as microSD slot and micro HDMI port.
Check out the video:
Here are the basic specifications:
- 10.1″ LED Backlit screen with Super IPS+ (1280 x 800) 10 finger multi-touch, Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradable)
- 1GB of RAM
- 32GB / 64GB EMMC + one year unlimited ASUS WebStorage
- WIFI (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with flash and 1.2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in)
- 1 x micro HDMI port
- 1 x microSD Card Reader
I just hope that the price will be the same as the previous Transfomer (or cheaper). I’m planning to purchase a tablet next year and this seems to be a great choice of tablet. What do you think?